So I've been playing with hand-made alcohol stoves for a while now and I thought I'd try my hand at steam baking. Never afraid of watching me goof up, Tia picked up a package of "just add water" blueberry muffin mix and I was off to the races.
The picture below is the oven with stove. The oven basically a titanium pot and lid. Nestled inside the pot is a titanium bowl with the mix in it. Boiling water in the bottom of the large pot with lid in place steam cooks the muffin.
The stove consists of a plastic fuel bottle, fuel hose, aluminum stove, and carbon felt wicking material. Basically you squeeze the fuel bottle to flood denatured alcohol through the hose into the stove to saturate the black wick material and light it. The wick will burn about 4 minutes and it'll look like it does below. As the fuel burns down, the diameter of the flame decreases in size, decreasing the heat of the stove. If you want higher heat, squeeeze the fuel bottle to flood the stove with fuel again. If you want less heat, let it burn down to smaller diameter flame pattern.
23 minutes later
Not golden brown but warm and cooked all the way through. First time the garage smelled like blueberry muffins too! :-)
Was it good?
Haydee approved!



Patent Pending? Taste tester is the cutest!
ReplyDelete