Thursday, January 27, 2011

I'm back in the saddle again.


I love my wife!  Look what she bought for me!  The new Senna Wagon is a 2004 Subaru Forester XT.  210 horsepower of turbocharged fury purchased from a man named Bong.  Seriously... 

The engine is identical to the 300 horsepower Subaru WRX STi.  The only difference being the turbo, intercooler, and ecu....not that I've given this any thought or shopped any of these items.  The previous owner installed a coilover suspension, hence the speed bump clipping ride height you see.  I'll be raising it back up a few inches before we try to tow anything with it, but in the mean time it's been fun.  It's like driving a surly toaster!  The photo was taken after its first bath, moments after purchase.

This car has so many options I've never had in a daily driver that it's difficult to decide which is most exciting.  Push button defrosted front and rear wipers?  Heated seats?  Keyless entry?  Hard to decide but I'll give it some heavy thought while the turbo and rear limited slip differential are helping me slide sideways around in the snow... 









No comments:

Post a Comment